[vtk-developers] Old vtk CVS repository

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon Apr 14 13:23:07 EDT 2003

Hi All,

This is not really ARB question but more administrative one. I would
like to cleanup some modules in VTK CVS repository and would like to
probe people what you think.

These are current modules:
CVSROOT       VTKData       vtk.old       vtkdata.old   vtktest
VTK           VTKData.old   vtkbaseline   vtkhtml
VTK.old       vtk           vtkdata       vtknew

>From those I know, these are descriptions:

VTKData - VTK 4.* data
VTK - VTK 4.*
vtkhtml - VTK web pages
vtk - VTK 3.* (maybe even older)
vtkdata - VTK 3.* data (I may be wrong)
vtknew - link to VTK
vtkbaseline - VTK 3.* baseline images (again guess)

The anything .old are backups when we moved to the new server and will
be deleted. I have no idea what vtktest.

So, my suggestion is:

1. Delete all .old directories. They are old, transition is done...
2. Delete vtknew. VTK is what people should use. If somebody is still
using vtknew, they should change.
3. Rename vtk, vtkdata, vtkbaseline (or whatever) to VTK3, VTKData3, and
VTKBaseline3

How does that sound?

I will take "no response" as agreeing with this suggestion. If people
agree, I will do this sometimes around beginning of May. This gives
everybody enough time to respond.

Thank you.

			Andy Cedilnik
			Kitware Inc.