[vtk-developers] VTKSource patch, try #3

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Fri Apr 11 11:01:18 EDT 2003

Dear developers,

Today during a demo this one bit me again on an unpatched VTK
installation.  The this->Updating variable is unlocked far too soon in
vtkSource::UpdateData().  It can thus easily happen that UpdateData() is
called AGAIN whilst the previous invocation is still processing in the
unprotected section (after the current this->Updating = 0).

I would _really_ like to apply this patch, but obviously not without
permission at least one more senior VTK developer, as vtkSource is a
prolific parent. :)

Thanks,
Charl