[vtk-developers] vtkTclUtil.cxx

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Sep 18 08:19:34 EDT 2002

At 9/18/2002 08:15 AM, Lorensen, William E (Research) wrote:
>Sebastien,
>         Your recent changes to supprt tcl 8.4 are breaking my builds. We
> are using 8.4a2.

Bill,

Can you please have a look at:
         - caleb
         - ct02_oc
         - kulu
         - manifold

and make sure you are *not* using Tcl/Tk 8.4.0 *beta* or *alpha* ? If I
remember correctly, this is the case for some of these computers.

The Tcl/Tk 8.4.0 *final* was released about 10 days ago:
http://tcl.sourceforge.net/

Some signatures have changed, a lot of char* have been changed to const
char* (Tcl_CreateCommand, Tcl_GetInt, etc.).
I've made the changes yesterday to the render widgets and vtkTclUtils, by
testing which Tcl/Tk version is in use (#if TCL_MAJOR =, etc.), but the
beta and alpha release does not comply with the final API.

I doubt we should maintain alpha/beta support.

This should help some of these 4 dashboards. If some of them are running
8.4.0 final already, or 8.3, let me know and I'll have a more thorough look.

Thank you

--
Sebastien Barre