[vtk-developers] Borland + Parallel

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 18:17:55 EDT 2002

> The CMakeLists.txt file says on WIN32 to include wsock32.lib as a link library.  My Borland
> installation does not have wsock32.lib
>
> Does this library come with the full version of the Borland compiler (I am using the free command
> line tools)?

go to your BCB\lib directory and type this

tlib import32.lib *wsock32.dll

assuming tlib is on the path. if wsock32.dll is imported automatically by import32.lib then it'll dump out wsock32.obj. if not it'll say
Warning wsock32 not present in libraty import32.lib (or something similar)

if it is present, the just remove wsock32 from your libs and it'll link ok.

Borland uses a single large inmport32.lib file which just references all the microsoft dll's like gdi/comctrl/wsock/opengl etc etc and save you having to link to them individually.

JB
If its not in there, you will need to run implib on wsock32.dll to generate wsock32.lib and then link to that