[vtk-developers] cmake+vtk knackered?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Oct 25 08:35:39 EDT 2002

> I would avoid the nightly cmake. I had a similar problem. I've
reverted to
> using -rLatestRelease.
>
> Bill

I have to disagree with Bill's advice since you do not have his rather
specific situation. The only problem I know of with the CVS version is
that when building an o32 SGI VTK executable with a n32 version of CMake
you will receive warnings that the LOAD_COMMAND could not load the
commands (because SGI's cannot dlopen an o32 library into a n32
executable). It then proceeds to use the built in commands and VTK still
builds fine. Since we have many dashboards working (check out the CMake
dashboard, and they do test the LOAD_COMMAND command) my suspicion is
some problem with your modified generators. Try doing a ctest -R Load on
your binary tree for CMake and see if the test passes. If it doesn't
pass, then look into the <CMakeBin>/Tests/LoadCommand/CMakeCommands/
directory and see if there is a CMakeCache.txt file and a Makefile. If
so try running make in that directory to see if the command builds. If
you receive compiler errors let me know.

Thanks
Ken