[vtk-developers] Re:Modifications to vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx vtkOpenGLProperty.cxx

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu Nov 7 09:49:16 EST 2002

At 11/7/2002 08:28 AM, John Biddiscombe wrote:

>Is a speed hit on wireframe worth the gain of backface culling ability.

Not to my opinion. I mean, I have the feeling wireframe is used much more
often than backface cullling.

>Can we check speeds of tests via the dashboard (and see how many platforms
>would be slower)?

There are no tests doing that, but maybe you could create a branch so that
we can test it ? Actually if it's just a couple of files, just send the
files and I'll run the sphere-bench on my GeForce4 MX.

--
Sebastien Barre