[vtk-developers] Re:Modifications to vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx vtkOpenGLProperty.cxx

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 05:22:29 EST 2002

Goodwin et al,

Yesterday Goodwin wrote

...9 of the failures were due to rendering triangle strips and 3
of them were due to rendering wireframes ...

I've corrected vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper.cxx (its attached) to render
triangle strips properly (the tests look OK). I was a bit too liberal with
the commenting-out the first time round. I was trying to force it to render
strips as triangles.

The test-failures of the wireframes are due to the color of the backface
not being black... seems to me any how.
<<<

I've run an experimental test and the results are here (below). It is
correct that only 3 are failing now and a close examination of the results
shows that the reason for the fails is simply that the backfaces of the
wireframes are shaded, whereas previously they appeared black. Since this is
the default behaviour for filled polygons, I can't see any real objection to
it being the case for wireframe mode.

http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/SkippingMouse-Tigger/Win2K-BCB6/20021105-08
47-Experimental/Test.html

I'd like to change the valid images for the 3 tests in question and commit
the changes to OpenGlProperty and OpenGLPolyDataMapper. I await abuse from
you chaps at kitware. Any Comments?

Many thanks to Goodwin for putting in the elbow grease on this one.

JB
PS. Why do my tests appear at the above link, but no dashboard entry is
visible? (I didn't submit an update/build/Test, just a test).

PPS. What is the correct way of generating valid images now? I am using
paint shop pro to capture the window and then save the image, there used to
be a -something option?