[vtk-developers] VTK on Sun

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu May 23 10:35:02 EDT 2002

Ok, let me explain:

On Sun using sun's compiler, you have to add c++ libraries in order to
use vtk from python and tclsh/wish. These libraries are libC, libCrun,
libCstd. I am not sure whether this is the "universal" solution, so I
would like some people with Sun to try this. Also, make sure to build
python with -KPIC otherwise you will receive a lot of link errors.

Also, if you have Sun and you are using gcc, please send me your
compiler version. The one here got broken somehow.

Note to GE, what compiler are you using at caleb.­crd?
I see it has been passing all the tests for some time.

Btw, the segfaults seems to be caused by some weird library mismatch...

				Andy