[vtk-developers] Stop using vtkSetObjectMacro

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon May 13 15:38:18 EDT 2002

Hello!

In the continuing struggle to make VTK better, I am working on removing
all use of vtkSetObjectMacro from VTK header files and replace it with
vtkCxxSetObjetMacro. This will speed-up the compile of VTK and make
compiler not ran out of memory on some platforms.

In any case, the order of changes is this:
First we will do Hybrid and Patented, then Rendering, Graphics, Imaging,
IO, and finally Common. This way changes will be slow and will not mess
up too many people at the same time.

I wrote a simple Tcl implementation of grep which will help us spot all
the instances. It is currently tested in Hybrid. After we are done with
cleaning, it will help us spot new occurrences.

ctest -R TestSetObjectMacro

If anybody wants to attack some instances, please do. Make sure to also
remove the unnecessary #include lines and replace them with class...

			Andy Cedilnik