[vtk-developers] Win2k testing blues

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at on.aibn.com
Wed May 8 16:43:12 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I recently upgraded hardware config and OS for my Borland vtk 4 and cmake
builds:

old: 1.5 GHz P4, 512 Mb RAM, ATI Radeon 64 MB DDR, NEC AccuSync 95F CRT
monitor, Win98SE, ActiveTcl 8.3.4.1
new: 2.0 GHz P4, 768 Mb RAM, ATI Radeon 7500 64 Mb DDR, NEC MultiSync LCD
1720M, Win2k Pro, ActiveTcl 8.3.4.2

I tried to do an experimental vtk 4 dashboard but run into 17 failures, 1
critical, but no errors in the build:

4 tests cause floating point overflow: clipArt.tcl, clipVolume.tcl,
MultiDimensionalSolution.tcl, multipleIso.tcl
1 test cause intruction at "..." referenced memory at "...". The memory
could not be "read".: clipVolume2.tcl

the last test is dcubes.tcl which causes a system hang.  I have submitted
what there was in Test.xml.

I'm tired of Win98SE, don't like the idea of having to "activate" XP, and
can't use Win Me due to a LAN
compatibility issue.

Any thoughts on any of this?

Dean