[vtk-developers] vtk binary not linking libtiff on debian linux 3.0

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Mar 28 19:04:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 18:26, Charl P. Botha wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> Near the end of the VTK build process with a fresh CVS checkout on a Debian
> Linux 3.0 (upcoming) I get the error output at the end of this mail. In
> order to fix this I had to add -ltiff to the link line in the Makefile.  I
> believe this would be fixed more permanently by adding "tiff" to
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES in the CMakeLists.txt of VTK/Wrapping/Tcl, in a !WIN32
> clause.  Or would that be LINK_LIBRARIES?

I would say your build got messed up somehow. Please
check if the file tif_fax3sm.c exists in your build tree.
If it does not, then you may have the wrong version of CMake.
Please let me know how it goes, since I ported libtiff to
VTK.

It should work completely without libtiff, so your solution is
wrong. BTW, I run VTK on three debian 3.0 computers without any
problems.

			Andy