[vtk-developers] development roadmap?

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Wed Mar 27 13:22:44 EST 2002

This discussion is great. Thanks for starting it Mike.

Mike referred to our use of Extreme Programming (XP). Actually, none of us really practice this new
approach to software development. We have carved out a niche that I'll call Extreme Testing. In fact,
we taken this to an extreme! There are few open source projects that can compete with us on this
aspect of vtk.

But, XP goes beyond testing. We, as a group, have not figured out how to communicate requirements and
customer expectations to each other. Perhaps we should search for ways to do this more effectively.
Especially since we have been able to integrate testing into the way we work. We should be able to
find effective ways to communicate in an extreme way.

So let's keep the discussion going. I suggest we be as frank as possible and accept all inputs
without being judgmental.

Bill