[vtk-developers] Cleaning the VTK CVS

Andy Cedilnik Andy.Cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Mar 27 09:43:52 EST 2002

Hello!

In the process of moving to the new server for public.kitware.com,
I noticed several things that should be fixed. One of them is
the CVS repository for VTK.
What is it?

:pserver:user at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK

Well, now there are several underneath that:

VTK - this is the main (4.*) tree.
vtknew - this is softlink to VTK
vtk - this is the old (3.*) tree

I think we should do something about that.
I propose we rename the old repository to VTK3
We keep the current one VTK and once we move to VTK 5.0,
we rename VTK to VTK4. We get rid of vtknew,
because VTK 4.* is far from new.

Similar thing goes for VTKData.
If you are ok with this, I will announce it on the
vtk-users, so that people can make the appropriate
changes.

			Andy