[vtk-developers] Containers (final!)

Andy Cedilnik Andy.Cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Mar 19 17:12:21 EST 2002

Hello!

We tested the templated classes in VTK and there seems to be no more
issues. The structure for every templated class looks like this:

vtkTemplatedClass.h - interface to all members
vtkTemplatedClass.txx - templated implementation of all memebers
vtkTemplatedClass.cxx - "some" incantations of templatated class.

This was stested on the vtkImageIterator and it seems to compile
on "all" platforms. So, that means it is time to start the
containers discussion again.

I have here vtkContainer (a mother of all containers) and vtkVector
(an array implementation of list data structure). They were both
written by Ken and are extensively used on several projects. The
minor change I will make is to include a superclass for all
list data structure classes called vtkList so that somebody can
write a vtkLinkedList class which will have same interface as
vtkVector.

I will commit this into the VTK tomorow if there are no problems.

So, the structure of containers will look like this:

vtkContainer
	vtkList
		vtkVector
		vtkLinkedList