[vtk-developers] minimization: vtkFunctionMinimizer

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Fri Jun 7 10:29:35 EDT 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Miller, James V (Research) wrote:

> Why are you thinking of putting it into the Hybrid directory? Shouldn't
> it be in Common so that filters in Graphics and Imaging could use it?

The only reason I have for putting it in Hybrid is that it is just a
first crack at doing general-purpose minimization in VTK and I don't
want to put it in 'Common' unless the core VTK developers (mainly the
Kitware folks) feel that it belongs there.  It's much safer to move
a class from Hybrid to Common than vice-versa, in terms of possible
code breakage.

 - David