[vtk-developers] minimization: vtkFunctionMinimizer

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Thu Jun 6 15:56:47 EDT 2002

Hi All,

We've had a VTK simplex (i.e. amoeba) optimization class kicking
around for a couple years, and just recently we replaced the old
Numerical Recipes amoeba code with some free code.

The way it works is that you set a function (C++, Python, Tcl),
specify initial parameter ranges, and tell it to minimize the
function.

If there is enough interest, I'll commit it to the Hybrid directory.
Unfortunately much of the old C code doesn't follow VTK coding
conventions, so I'll have to spend a fair bit of time reformatting
and changing variable names before I can commit it.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group