[vtk-developers] IO and includes

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon Jun 3 09:46:54 EDT 2002

Hello!

I went through VTK/IO and remove all vtkSetObjectMacro. Also, I maneged
to make every header file (except vtkPLY.h) to include only one header
file (parent class). This way the compiler has much less work and some
inferior compilers with problematic memory management (such as MS Visual
Studio .NET) actually compile VTK (and related projects such as
ParaView).

In any case, please when adding files or modifying classes in IO and
other kits, do make sure to only include header file. If you need any
other files, please document why you need those includes.

Also, the following header files do not have to be included: stdio.h,
stdlib.h. There are others that consistently appear all over the place
and are not necessary. Especially not in the header files.

Also, make sure when adding stuff to VTK that the order of includes does
not matter. If it does, please document that.

If you agree, I will put this in the coding standard.

				Andy