[vtk-developers] To Locator or not to Locator

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 09:21:07 EDT 2002

My memory is failing because I thought there was a vtkDataset->SetLocator(); member in all vtkDataSet classes. But after trying to
use it I discover there isn't one. I'm using some large meshes and want to create a single locator and set it once, then have
multiple custom filters use it if present (a bit like vtkLookupTable for certain classes).

Has this functionality ever been present, and if so was it removed? If it's never been there, any objection to adding it?

JB