[vtk-developers] new vtkTextProperty class and changes

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Jul 1 14:45:39 EDT 2002

At 7/1/2002 02:33 PM, John Biddiscombe wrote:
>Unless I misunderstood. Lisa was hinting that
>
>vtkActor2D--->vtkTextActor and others
>(Property)      vtkTextProperty
>
>this means 2 properties for the textactors...(Doh!)
>
>how about
>
>vtkAbstractActor2d ->vtkActor2D (Normal property)
>                    ->vtkTextActor (TextProperty)
>
>ignore this if I've missed the point

I don't get it :)

Most of the actors we are talking about *need* both a GetProperty() and a
GetWhateverTextProperty(), since they are composite actors that render
geometry and text. The geometry color is controlled by the vtkProperty
(GetProperty()), the text color is now controlled by one (or more)
vtkTextProperty (GetWhateverTextProperty()).

vtkTextActor is a special case for which the sole purpose is to render
text, I agree with that, but I think it would be confusing to rename
GetTextProperty() to GetProperty() for that class. I would rather stay
consistent among all these kind of "actors that use text". What do you think ?

--
Sebastien Barre