[vtk-developers] thanks field deleted

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Mon Jan 28 09:36:13 EST 2002

At 1/28/02 09:22 AM, Will Schroeder wrote:
>What do other people think? I agree with Ken that a centralized list of
>contributors is a good thing. Is this better than putting a thanks field
>per file? Or doing both?

As a former "external" contributor, I think that I'd like the "Thanks"
field to remain in the header file, so that:
   a) people can be contacted directly,
   b) the doxygen-documentation script can still extract it and show it in
the online doc. Of course, I can update the scripts to search this field
out of the copyright (and I guess I could even read the implementation file
too, but I do only read the header for the moment).

A centralized list of contributors would be nice too. Since the dox-scripts
parse the "Thanks" field I guess they could create that file and add it to
the online documentation automatically (with the corresponding contributed
classes and/or files). A README could be created on the fly in the
build/Utilities/Doxygen dir, and moved/parsed manually to the real source
README.