[vtk-developers] Recent problem with vtk and gcc

Bill Lorensen wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 1 15:23:10 EST 2002

Folks,
I'm having trouble on Solaris with gcc 2.95 and vtk when I build with shared libraries. The vtk executable aborts during startup. The debugger shows that "this = 0x00000" in the IOInstantiator. When I build static, all is well.

Is anyone building vtk with shared libraries and gcc? This is, of course, a recent problem. I've been building vtk with shared libraries for some time now. I suspect some weirdness in the Instantiator wrt its static class variables.

Bill