[vtk-developers] Warning in VTK

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Feb 21 13:13:06 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 12:05, Lisa Avila wrote:
> Berk,
>
> I like using assignments in conditionals too. I guess it is just not
> possible to have the compiler find the thinks you didn't mean ( like if ( x
> = 3 ) {} ) but not the things you did mean.

These already show up on the dashboard. If you look at the dashboard
from amber4.kitware and caemlyn.kitware today, you can see one such
case (which I introduced yesterday). The warning is removed by
changing the above to
if ( (x=3) )
{}
I meant to say that it would be bad if the second code above produced a
warning.

-Berk