[vtk-developers] vtkSystemTools, vtkString

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Thu Feb 14 10:47:49 EST 2002

Hi Andy,

I can see where a reference-counted string might be used in VTK,
but file path decomposition, string searches, etc?  These things
are useful to programmers at the application level, but would they
actually be used from within other VTK classes?

I'm just not quite sure what full-fledged string handling has to
do with a 3D graphics library... if I need to deal with strings
and file systems I already have plenty of tools outside of VTK
to use.

 - David