[vtk-developers] A small note of thanks and a complaint.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Feb 6 09:38:55 EST 2002

    >> Yes, I did try the FAQ, and the Upgrading.zip. It was of
    >> limited use to me. The code I'm upgrading dates back to 2.3,
    >> actually, and many questions about "where did it go" were not
    >> answered by the FAQ.  Obviously, some extra documentation would
    >> be nice.

    BG> This note does not contain a single question. Later Mike
    BG> posted his questions and all of them were answered (I also
    BG> added the answers to the FAQ, I wish Mike did that instead). I
    BG> know there are a few people out there who contribute to the
    BG> FAQ and I thank them all. However, there are many others who
    BG> complain but do nothing about it when they are given the
    BG> chance (specially after their questions have been answered).

True, but things dont work that way.  Thats life and it doesn't mean
that the open source system has failed.  Its only folks with enough
time or passion to contribute that eventually give back to the
community.  Folks who are hard pressed for time just want to get the
job done and forget about the rest of the universe.  Sad but true. :(

Anyway forget it, I'm not spending more time on this thread.  I said
what I wanted.  I guess everyone else has said what they wanted to. :)

prabhu