[vtk-developers] how to cvs backout?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Sat Dec 14 10:00:13 EST 2002

> could someone save me some time:
> how does one undo/backout a cvs commited change?
> (late) Last night I checked in the wrong vers. of a file
> and then didn't 'un-commit' it - I just
> commited the proper vers. which screws up the
> reading of progressive changes.

In your working checkout, do this:

cvs update -j <current-revision> -j <old-revision> <name-of-file>

This will apply a reverse patch to back out the changes.  Then you can do
a regular commit with the (now modified) version of the file.  The
revision numbers are available from cvs log on the file.

-Brad