[vtk-developers] VTK/Python automatic pythonpath

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Dec 4 23:31:12 EST 2002

    AC> Hi All, I modified vtkpython.cxx so that it automatically sets
    AC> PYTHONPATH to the library path and the source Wrapping/Python
    AC> path. This way, if you are developing python code using build
    AC> vtk, you do not have to install it or set the PYTHONPATH any
    AC> more.

    AC> Since vtkpython will be the preferred way of running
    AC> VTK/Python scripts, it would be nice if people would test if
    AC> it works. I only tested it on Linux and Windows.

Thanks Andy.  Haven't tested it yet and just looked at the code.
Looks good.  The only question is will this play nicely when someone
installs VTK from source and still has the build tree lying around.
Will it trigger the infamous "ValueError: not a VTK object" exception?
I'll try and check this and if it works I'll update the README
accordingly.

cheers,
prabhu