[vtk-developers] Vtk book out of print; what now?

Robert Belleman robbel at science.uva.nl
Tue Aug 27 07:12:38 EDT 2002

I'm sorry to bother the developers list with this, but I'm hoping
to get a little more reaction here than I had from the users list.
Especially since the Vtk book writers have been seen hiding here...
:-)

As you know, the Vtk book has gone out of print. There are however
a number of universities out there (undersigned included) that teach
a scientific visualization class and use the Vtk book as part of
the material.

Why has the book gone out of print? Is there a new edition coming?
If so; when? If not; should we bug the publisher until we get them
to print again?

I would in the meantime appreciate some insight in suitable
alternatives; are there any books out there with the approximate
same depth?

Thanks,
-- Rob

--
[] Robert Belleman         X  Section Computational Science            []
[] robbel at science.uva.nl  |X| University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands []