[vtk-developers] VTKPython on Sgi

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Thu Aug 15 00:34:36 EDT 2002

Hi Andy,

I just tried the vtkpython executable on my system (IRIX 6.5 with
python 1.5) and it builds and runs fine.

The only difficulty I had was that Python was built with gcc and
VTK was built with CC, and the python-1.5 source uses the special
gnu 'eprintf' that doesn't exist in the IRIX libc.  But after
I added an __eprintf function the build proceeded smoothly.  This
is a bug with python-1.5 only when it is built with gcc on
a non-GNU system so I don't think it makes any sense to fix it
inside VTK.

 - David