[vtk-developers] Changes to vtkTubeFilter

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Aug 8 10:01:16 EDT 2002

Hi Folks-

vtkTubeFilter has been changed. It was in dire need of refactoring, and had
some bad behavior (e.g., it aborted when any single polyline out of a set
of polylines was bad). The code is now much cleaner, and will gracefully
handle bad polylines.

Additionally I added the ability to generate texture coordinates along the
tube. This lets you do some cool things like stripe the tube with distance,
or use scalar values to control the marking along the tube.

I am also reworking the vtkRibbonFilter. I'll check this in once I see how
the tubing goes.

Will