[vtk-developers] No new checkins - Dashboards

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Apr 26 00:52:18 EDT 2002

    DI> pb.  If i run c:/TCL/BIN/tclsh.exe
    DI> c:/Builder/Vtk/Common/Testing/Tcl/PrintSelfCheck.tcl
    DI> c:/Builder/Vtk/Hybrid I still get Ivar DEFECTS:
    DI> vtkImagePlaneWidget does not print ivar: RestrictPlaneToVolume

One small thing I thought I'd like to mention.  Its most probably
unrelated to your problem but I think its important for the sake of
consistency.

I think you should also avoid naming a variable something like
RestrictPlaneToVolume.  If you look at all the other vtk classes they
usually have methods something like this:

SetVariable(<whatever>)
GetVariable()
SetVariableToState1()
SetVariableToState2()
SetVariableToState3()

So if you call the 'Variable' itself 'VariableToState' then any
automatic parser like some of my vtkMethodParser/pipeline browser/test
code or maybe even the Set/Get testers will get confused.  So I think
its best to avoid such names for the sake of consistency.

Maybe you should call the variable RestrictPlaneInVolume or something.

prabhu