[vtk-developers] IRC boycott?

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Wed Apr 24 10:52:47 EDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 10:39:49AM -0400, Ken Martin wrote:
> make it almost impossible for folks in the East. Clearly no matter
> what time we pick, some country is going to be in the middle of the
> night (or very late). This all assumes that someone can get a web
> based solution for the folks that cannot do IRC.

I have already installed this on a server here and Prabhu and I have tested
it.  At the moment, it is restricted to connect to a fast IRC server
(sterling.openprojects.net, 2ms ping from here) and to join only #vtk.
Furthermore, I would like restrict access to the machines of VTK developers
who cannot (or don't want to) join with regular IRC clients.  If you could
send the hostname from whence you will be connecting, I can start setting up
the access control.

I am waiting for a final word of approval from the powers that be, but I
don't expect any problems.

Thanks,
Charl