IRC and firewalls (was Re: [vtk-developers] IRC boycott?)

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Apr 23 15:46:31 EDT 2002

I understand that people using MS Windows believe that everybody has
access to some MS Windows computer with MS Office and all other stuff.
The reality is that there are several non-MS solutions out there and
constraining ourself to something like netMeeting is "wrong". Please for
the sake of the portion of vtk-developers that use the non MS part of
computer world, to reconsider.

If real time collaboration is such an important issue, I would suggest
we install some Web based IRC on a public computer and use that.

Thank you.

				Andy Cedilnik