[vtk-developers] vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Apr 15 23:22:30 EDT 2002

[snip]
    MH> that if you'd like to have another input device work with a
    MH> widget, you've got to map the device's events onto the
    MH> traditional keyboard mouse model.

    MH> Is there an opportunity for an additional level of
    MH> indirection, to map toolkit events to underlying semantic
    MH> method calls?

How could that be done?  Do you mean that we could create a
vtkKeyMouseInteractor and then create a vtkOtherDeviceInteractor and
all the current additions would be subclassed from the
vtkKeyMouseInteractor?  While this does allow for other devices it
still is not a solution to the binding related problem.  What if the
implementation of most common interaction related behaviour (like
Rotate, Pan etc.) were put into a separate class that is different
from vtkInteractorStyle*?  I'm not sure it would help.

prabhu