[vtk-developers] vtkLiteObject?

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Apr 9 16:47:46 EDT 2002

Hi David,

If I saw two classes vtkObject and vtkReferenceCountedObject, I would think
the first is not reference counted. Of course I am sitting here trying to
come up with a better suggestion and failing miserably. I wouldn't use
vtkAbstractObject since in the other places we use it, it is meant to
define an API that is implemented by subclasses. This isn't quite the case
here. Maybe vtkBasicObject? or vtkBaseObject? I guess these aren't all that
specific but this may be a good thing (for example if we decide some other
basic functionality from vtkObject should move into vtkBaseObject).

Lisa