[vtk-developers] RE: JPEG support fails

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri Sep 14 11:16:19 EDT 2001

At 14/09/01 10:11, Miller, James V (CRD) wrote:
>I was just thinking about this more.
>
>Sebastian, you use a full source checkout of Tcl instead of using an
>"installed" version, correct?

OK, I found the pb. Indeed jmorecfg.h is not part of the source distrib but
part of the IMG package, which provides advanced support for different
image formats :
http://members1.chello.nl/~j.nijtmans/img.html

I need this package. The installation process asks the user if he wants to
include support for MSDEV and it that case it bundles the JPEG headers... I
guess I could remove that part, but this won't solve our problem in a
robust way : the TCL_ROOT/include directory is the place where all sort of
Tcl package may be their include files, and the problem coud occur again.

Here is my suggestion. In vtkCMakeOptions.cmake, move the Tcl include
directive :

#
# get information for Tcl wrapping
#
IF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)
   # add in the Tcl values if found
   IF (TCL_INCLUDE_PATH)
     INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${TCL_INCLUDE_PATH})
   ENDIF (TCL_INCLUDE_PATH)
ENDIF (VTK_WRAP_TCL)

after the JPEG include directive :
#
# Look for the PNG, zlib, and jpeg libraries and header files
#
[...]

What do you think ?

Not tested for the moment, since I'm still unable to perform a full build
on my Win98 computer. I guess some new Win98 specific bugs might have
appear in the last 3 weeks :)