[vtk-developers] New vtkpython.py - comments.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sat Oct 6 01:37:13 EDT 2001

hi,

    >>  Okay, I guess this is the equivalent of the widget directory I
    >> mentioned.  What do others feel about this naming convention?
    >> Do we also name the wiget related directory interaction?  The
    >> problem I have here is though this is interaction, Python can
    >> deal with other toolkits like GTK, wxPython etc.

    SB> Sure, but that's the point: that's all about
    SB> interaction. Managing a package name for each king of GUI does
    SB> not look worth it to my opinion...

I think you mean you want to avoid vtk.interaction.vtkTkWidget,
vtk.interaction.vtkGTKWidget, etc. and instead put everything in
vtk.interaction?  Well, that is a problem.  A peson who wants the A
widget won't want the B widget.  Often people will not have all the
gui toolkits installed and will be using only one or the other.  By
putting them all in the same package they will be forced to install
all the gui toolkits which is undesireable.

prabhu