[vtk-developers] New vtkpython.py - comments.

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri Oct 5 15:53:58 EDT 2001

At 10/6/2001 01:17 AM, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>That about covers it.  Suggestions are welcome.

Sure. I guess it would be good if we could have a structure similar in both
Tcl and Python, so that users can switch from one to the other.

So there it is again for Tcl users:

a)
         package require vtk

loads everything needed (it's your point 2b), i.e. all VTK components (and
only these one, nothing else).

b) on the other hand:

         package require vtkimaging

can be used for example to load only these VTK commands needed to run the
Imaging component (you can use vtkcommon, vtkfiltering, vtkhybrid, etc.). I
guess it's your point 2d.

c) the additional :

         package require vtkinteraction

is used to loaded everything needed to enhance interaction, for example
load the defaults bindings for the Tk render widgets as well as the default
Tcl command interactor. I definitely think you could use that name for your
point j.

d) the additional :

         package require vtktesting

is used to load everything related to testing. It actually loads the
colors, the marching cube case test, the backdrop file, etc. These are used
by a dozen of tests or examples. Equivalent to your point i.