[vtk-developers] copy constructor and operator=

Volpe, Christopher R (CRD) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Thu Oct 4 21:59:23 EDT 2001

Hi folks-

  I just did an update (from the old tree, no I haven't migrated yet) and picked up some changes that
were made on August 10th. These changes removed the implementations of the copy constructor and
operator=, apparently from all objects, though I haven't checked thoroughly. I have a handful of
classes in my "local" toolkit directory, and despite removing the offending null implementations in
my header files (just deleting the "{}" after the declarations), I still get a barrage of link errors
regarding these two methods. Perhaps someone could explain to me what the current standard operating
procedure is for defining classes, with regard to these two methods. I've tried deleting all obj
files and libs, doing a clean build, and still I come up with the same link errors. (I'm using MS
Visual C++ V6.0.) I've noticed that the header files for other objects declare thse two methods, but
there's no definition of them either in the header or the cxx file. Has anyone else gotten bit by
this, and figured out the solution? I'm sure it must be something simple, but at the moment it seems
to elude me.

thanks,
Chris