[vtk-developers] No video hardware warning dialog ??

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Wed Nov 21 10:45:35 EST 2001

Hi Ken,

That would be the vtkWin32VideoSource.  It is automatically built by
CMake if VFW32.LIB (Video-for-Windows) is found on the system.

The two possible fixes are
1) set the VTK_USE_VIDEO_FOR_WINDOWS default to OFF in CMakeLists.txt
2) fix vtkWin32VideoSource.cxx to generate a VTK error instead of
   displaying a MessageBox
3) make sure that the method that generates the error isn't called
   during testing

I think that (2) is the best option, so I'll try to get a patch done
today.

Also, perhaps the testing should have a timeout built
it so that if a test doesn't complete in e.g. 15 minutes then the
offending process is terminated.  I don't think that it would
be easy to add this feature to Dart, but it would improve the
robustness of the tests.

 - David