[vtk-developers] FYI --- Re: RE: [Cmake] Win32 "Blended" processor vs Pentium

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Tue Nov 6 09:58:52 EST 2001

Jim, I tried compiling with processor optimization under MSVC6 on a dual P$ NT
box with a very recent CVS nightly for VTK and did not find any speed up when
building the debug or release versions. I also tried optimizing for both the
Pentium setting and Pentium Pro setting but neither seemed to make any
difference with the Simple Sphere Benchmark. Perhaps this bench is not sensitive
to these optimizations??

regards, john

<<snip snip>>