[vtk-developers] new class vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform ?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Wed May 30 07:21:00 EDT 2001

At 25/05/2001 18:03, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
>Hi developers,
>
>Several people have asked me for the ICP code I developped last year (an
>idea borrowed from Tim Hutton), which is available at :
>ftp://sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/pub/barre/vtk/classes/
>
>James Miller (GE CRD) asked me recently if I had any interest in putting
>my ICP code in the vtk distribution.

[...]
OK, vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform is now in 'contrib' (and 'Hybrid' in
the new tree).

There is a (regression) test too: contrib/examplesTcl/TestICPTransform.tcl.
It is not very "clever", but does fine (I had no time to browse vtkdata for
more appropriate anatomic structures, thus I used superquadrics). Any other
example is welcome.