[vtk-developers] style (please don't beat me)

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue May 29 20:50:21 EDT 2001

At 16:24 25/05/2001, Michael Halle wrote:
>I think the particular kind of coding that gets done in vtk inner loops
>begs for the vertical compression of code allowed by using the
>
>                         for () {
>                                 // stuff
>                         }
>
>style.  Much of the hardest to follow vtk code, particularly the
>multi-dimensional code in the imaging classes, consists of a high
>"bracket to statement" ratio because of nested looping.  That means

This is the kind of argument I wanted to make myself. Is there any chance
that the vtk style can be relaxed to read something like

"It is encouraged to place a bracket on a separate line, however, if code
is clearly laid out and indented carefully, the bracket may be placed on
the same line...etc etc...Consistent bracketing must be used throughout
each source file..."

I drop the other requests in the hope this may make the above palatable.

JB