[vtk-developers] vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper::RenderPiece

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue May 29 14:17:09 EDT 2001

Hi Jim,

The only problem there is that on some systems a mutex lock / unlock is
fairly slow - so 120,000 would be awful.

Another option we once discussed was to have a "don't update" version of
rendering. That is, a version of Render() that doesn't update any props,
doesn't call any start / end methods, etc. This way you know that you are
still the current context. Of course that means restructuring all the code
that currently calls MakeCurrent().

Lisa