[vtk-developers] vtk performance - issue 1 - OpenGL state

Mark Beall mbeall2 at simmetrix.com
Thu May 17 08:39:22 EDT 2001

Hi Lisa,
Since the renderers are called one after the other, we were just
planning on having each of them set the state to a known state
at the start of the rendering process (or they just undo any
state changes at the end and everything is in a known state for
the next renderer). At this point we've implemented in the renderer (it
was actually done before I sent the first email), to move it to
the render window later wouldn't be a big deal.

Sun's OpenGL implementation is (or has a mode where it is) thread
safe. I don't know what, if any, restrictions there are on that.

mark