[vtk-developers] GtkVtkRenderWindow - can it be put into the CVS tree?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Mar 12 04:09:33 EST 2001

hi,

I just cleaned up the GtkVtkRenderWindow code and implemented changes
suggested by the pyGtk creator, James Henstridge.  I was wondering if
you folks think that this code can be added to the VTK CVS tree?
David, what do you think??  If the copyright thing is a problem let me
know.

I also wanted to know if it would be possible for someone at Kitware
to add the new method I recently added to vtkWindow.h (SetParentInfo)
to the vtk-3.2 trunk?  The change seems harmless and makes it possible
for folks to use VTK along with wxPython and pyGtk widgets (under
Unix) without any flicker.  I have the patches with me so if you think
it worthwhile I can mail the patches too.

Here is the latest GtkVtkRenderWindow code gzipped (the file is called
GtkVtkRenderWidget.py.gz):