[vtk-developers] VTK 3.3 branch cut

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Jul 9 11:20:25 EDT 2001

Hello Folks,

I have tagged and branched VTK 3.3 on the old tree at a date of June
18th. There were a few problems that day but it seemed better to
branch then rather than later. Berk will fix up the purify errors that
were present on that day on the branch. The idea behind VTK 3.3 is not
to be a formal release, but to be a fairly safe point to take the old
tree structure for people who want or need the old structure. At some
point in the next couple weeks I hope to make vtknew become vtk and
have the current vtk become vtkold. You will still be able to access
the old tree, just using /vtk/cvsroot/vtkold instead of
/vtk/cvsroot/vtk

Thanks
Ken