[vtk-developers] camera's elevation or pitch don't modify up vector

Michael Halle halazar at media.mit.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:35:21 EST 2001

I've been writing some camera manipulation code, and some unexpected
results led me to notice that vtkCamera::Elevation and
vtkCamera::Pitch change the camera's sense of what "up" is, but don't
change the up vector.  Roll does, however.

I guess the problem is that vtkCamera is a funny data structure.  It's
hard (conceptually) to figure out what the state variables and what
the derived variables are.  I have no idea what will break if a fix
gets added for the above problem.  The difficulty is compounded by the
fact that even if I wanted to do "the right thing" for my application
by setting up my own transformations, I can't apply them to a
vtkCamera.

Sigh.

							--Mike