[vtk-developers] Data structures in VTK

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Fri Dec 28 13:41:56 EST 2001

Certainly we should look at STL. For example, I believe that CMake uses some stl. Insight (the NLM
toolkit) uses it heavily, but does have some portability problems.

For example, SGI does not ship an STL that is thread safe. (OK the story is longer than that).
For Insight, we have to build a development from SGI.

It takes a long time to get these sorts of things right. I would discourage any more STL like classes
in vtk.

Bill