[vtk-developers] Watching cvs files

Lorensen, William E (CRD) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Mon Dec 17 15:41:07 EST 2001

Folks,
I've added the files necessary to support the cvs watch facility. In addition to the normal
functionality, I added a perl script, cvs_mail_watch.pl (written and donated by Rebecca Brown of GE
CRD) that reformats the commit information with links to the cvs repository.

To use the match facility, on let's say, vtkMarchingCubes.h
cd VTK/Patented
cvs watch add vtkMarchingCubes.h

Later, if someone commits a change to that file, you'll receive an e-mail like the one below

Watch triggered on commit:

/vtk/cvsroot/VTK/Patented/vtkMarchingCubes.h
revision 1.56
date: 2001/12/17 19:20:08;  author: blezek;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
ENH: better documentation.