[vtk-developers] vtkLookupTable::Build

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon Dec 17 15:20:47 EST 2001

There is logic in vtkLookupTable::Build() that prohibits a lookup table from recalculating its colors
if SetTableValue has been called. So its impossible to get a lookup table to recalculate if someone
has every modified the lookup table directly.

Searching back into the cvs log, it looks like this is way LookupTable has acted since it was called
vlLookupTable back in 1994.

Is this the desired behavior (now)?

I have an app where I want to have the lookup table calculate the appropriate colors, then I want to
modify a few of them.  Later on, I would to reset the values to the initial state.

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Corporate Research & Development
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady NY 12301

millerjv at crd.ge.com < mailto:millerjv at crd.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at crd.ge.com> >
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981